***If car does not pass inspection or driver is unwilling to change car to pass
inspection - absolutely no refunds!!
1. Any American make sedan or station wagon can compete. No 4x4 vehicles.
2. Drivers must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Ages 16 –17 must have a notarized permission slip. The person that signs in as the driver must be the driver for that event!
3. Driver must wear seat belt and helmet, along with eye protection. Please bring your helmet for vehicle inspection. ALL drivers and crewmembers must attend the drivers meeting.
4. DO NOT hit the driver’s door! Sometimes this happens, but if it looks intentional or carelessness, you will be disqualified. Don’t use your door as a shield; it may cause you to get disqualified.
5. Any open door will cause disqualification.
6. NO sandbagging or holding!!! You will be disqualified!
7. No alcohol in the pits, if anyone is caught with alcohol, they will be disqualified, this includes their pit crew.
8. Cars are subject to re-inspection before any prize money is handed out.
9. Any controversies will be taken up at the drivers meeting.
10. Any questions give us a call! If it doesn’t say you can do it, don’t do it. Call 1st!! Judges decisions are FINAL!!!
1. All glass, plastic, chrome, and interior must be removed from car before arriving to the derby including trailer hitches & brackets.
2. All decking in station wagons MUST be removed!!!
3. Tires no bigger than 17 inch, No split rims, No studded tires. Foam filled or Doubled tires OK-we don’t want any flats!!! Valve stem protectors OK. Tires may be screwed to rims.
4. Driver must wear pants, shirt, and shoes when on track. Fire suit or non-flammable long sleeve shirt is highly recommended. Full face helmet and eye protection is mandatory!!!!
5. You must use an automotive radiator and it must be in stock location. All cars must have working brakes. Any car without brakes at inspection will NOT be allowed to compete!!! These will be checked!!!
6. Original gas tanks must be removed. You must use a boat tank or well-made fuel cell and it must be properly secured and covered.
No gas cans. Plastic gas tanks must be placed in a metal box!! Fuel line must be secured and fastened properly. Keep away from exhaust. Place fuel cell behind driver’s seat or in the center of the car behind driver’s seat.
7. Transmission coolers will be allowed, but must be safe and properly secured.
8. Batteries must be moved to passenger floorboard close to transmission. It must be properly secured and covered.
9. You must have a number. Special numbers will be allowed if pre-approved. All numbers MUST be in BRIGHT colors on each front door and must have 15”x 15” roof sign with car number on it for judging. Driver’s door is recommended to be painted white.
1.Doors, trunks & Tailgates may be welded solid with 3 inch wide straps x 3/16 inch thick or smaller fill materials. Top of the doors may be rolled over and welded. If you decide not to weld, then you are allowed to chain/bolt/wire them shut with UNLIMITED use of chain/bolts/wires.
2. You may weld frame seams, top and bottom. The frame seam weld can’t be larger then 1/2” wide or it will be cut!! The uni-body is considered the frame on Mopar cars, which means NO bolting the seam. Body seams may also be welded.
***03 and Newer Ford Frames*** Any cradle maybe used as long as it is welded or bolted back in the factory location no more than 18 inches of welding will be allowed.
3. For driver’s protection, the inside of your vehicle is your comfort zone, anything from the center of the rear axle to the firewall is allowed to have a cage. You may weld a bar behind the seat from doorpost to doorpost, it can be an X, you may also have a bar across your dash, you may connect the dash bar to bars behind seat across the inside of front door only, you may also weld your steering column in. A roll loop behind the seat, which must be welded to the top of the frame or floor and welded or bolted to the roof is highly recommended and mounted straight up and down. Side bars may be no further back than the front inner fender of rear wheel and may also install another cross bar as a fuel tank protector. This bar cannot act as a kicker. Dash bar must be mounted behind dash sheet metal and at least 6 inches off the floor. Dash bar must be located no farther back the inside seam of front doors. You will be allowed 2 down bars on the inside on driver’s door going down from the inside cross bar. Allowed 2 down bar on the inside of the passenger’s front door but cannot be any farther forward then the inside front door seam & can go to frame. (2) Two Kickers through the firewall that must be mounted no further forward than (4) Four inches behind the upper a frame.
4. Bumpers are interchangeable. Any Automotive bumper and bumper brackets may be used on any car but only 1 set of brackets may be used! Bumpers may be loaded but MUST look like a stock bumper. Bumper skins must be an actual bumper. Bumper may only be loaded within the mounting points on frame. Outside this point is to remain stock or will be cut off. You can weld bumper brackets and towers to the frame. You can weld bumper brackets and shocks to the bumper. You can weld shocks to shock towers. You may trim bumper ends or fold them around. Welding on the bumper skins together (chrome to inner liner of bumper) is allowed. When welding bumpers, shocks and brackets – do not add any metal. Weld shocks and brackets solid if you wish. Weld them well; we don’t want any bumpers falling off!
5. Bumpers may be welded to end of frame with no added metal, just use the welder. Rear bumper may have 2 straps, 2- chains or 2-wires (4 loops) from trunk deck or tailgate to bumper (not frame). You can only have 1 of the 3 used, NOT all 3! Straps can be up to 3” wide and no more than 5” on the bumper and 5” on the trunk or tailgate. Straps may be up to ¼” thick. You are allowed wire from radiator support to front bumper in 4 locations.
*** 6. Stock appearing bumpers- we will allow you to take any bumper apart. Weld any material you would like to the inside of the bumper. Weld the crome skin back into place. Everything must be done inside of bumper- FIX bumper!
7. You can fold hoods or trunk decks over but 60% of the hood or trunk lid must be in factory location. 80’s & newer wagons may tuck roof down with 4 spots holding the roof down to the car body only—NOT Frame
8. 2 - 1” All-thread may go from the trunk lid to frame, MUST go through body mount hole .You may use wire in 2 spots with 4 loops from trunk lid and may go around the frame with the wire. CAN’T DO BOTH. Trunk meets floor maybe attached in 2 spots to floor-2 bolts
9. **Hood must have at least a 12-inch square hole cut out in cast of fire. You are allowed 12 extra- 3/8” bolts to bolt your hood skins
(NOT TRUNK SKIN) back together. You will be allowed 8 hood bolts; you MUST have at least 4 hood bolts. You may have up to 1” all thread –2 may be used from the hood down to the frame, but must go through the front body mounts. The top 5” of all thread may be welded to radiator support. Chrysler products may run all thread behind radiator support down to top of frame and be welded to top of frame with no added material – All thread may pass thru frame. Hood bolts must be sheet metal to sheet metal. Hood must be open for inspection. Plates for hood bolts cannot exceed 5x5x1/2 inch. Hood bolts can be up to 1 inch in diameter.
10. Body mount bolts can be replaced with 1” bolts, Bolts may extend threw body and have up to a 5”x 5” x ¼”thick washer on top. Bolt must be up inside of frame as factory and may have larger washer inside of frame. Washers inside frame may not be used as a gusset! If there is factory rubber mount without a body bolt, you can add the bolt to the mount.
11. Suspension must be at stock height. Leaf springs must be STOCK, you may add one spring as long as the main leaf spring, you can't wrap the added leaf spring to make a double main - tow packages OK. The Main leaf spring must be the top spring in the spring pack and leaf springs must stagger down with at least a 2 inch stagger from longest to smallest. You can re-clamp springs, 6 clamps per side homemade or factory. Homemade clamps can’t exceed 2x4x1/4 inch. You can put spacers in sagging coil springs to get your height. You can bolt or wire coil springs to rear-end and frame to prevent springs from falling out. You may weld leaf spring mounting brackets to prevent them from becoming unbolted. You can loop chain or wire from rear end & springs to frame in 4 spots on each side. No bigger then #9 wire or 3/8”chain or cable may be used.
12. Mopars can weld mounting brackets to uni-body where leaf springs are mounted factory to uni-body frame. Include rear shackle box.
13. Rear-end control arms may be reinforced, but must be workable. They may be shortened or made longer as well. Homemade OK!!
14. 80 and newer cars may be leafed using the following rules:
Any rear end - 8 lugs ok
5/16" thick, 2.5" wide leaf size
2" stagger front and back. 9 leaf maximum
5 clamps per side 2x4x1/4" max. 5/16" bolts max.
48" minimum spring length, eyelet to eyelet.
NO DOUBLED MAINS, no leafs above the mains
rear mount - 6X6X1/4" shackle, bolted thru the frame
Front eyelet mount
1. In trailing arm bracket, w/3x3x1/4" gusset
2. In the frame with a bolt thru - no added metal
3. Box welded to the frame 4X6X1/4" maximum
Springs MUST have a minimum 2" arch.
Springs may be mounted above or below the axle
No allthread struts, must have shock absorbers.
15. Rear-end Housings may be re-enforced. Hybird rear-ends are allowed- must be mounted in factory location of car that you put in under!
16. On 98 and Newer Fords, cars will be allowed to use pre 98 ford brackets. Aftermarket brackets will be allowed if they are pre-approved. Please Email or call first. Must be mounted in stock fashion.
17. Front arms may be bolted, chained or welded down to get your bumper height. Welding- 2 straps 2” on frame 2” on A-arm
18. Engine mounts may be welded to engine cradle. Engine must be mounted in stock location. Any skid plates on engine or tranny can only be mounted to engine/tranny and can NOT be attached to frame or cross member.
19. Use motor and tranny of choice, motor must be in stock location. You may chain or weld motor and tranny to keep in place (don’t strengthen the frame). Nothing on the engine can be used to re-enforce the frame/car body, etc. If any parts on the engine or tranny are being used to make the car stronger, you will be asked to cut or take that part off before you can run.
20. You may have a 2-2” strap from the motor head to frame on top side of frame next to A-arm on front side of motor and can be welded with no added metal! You will be allowed 2- 2” straps on the rear of the motor connected from the motor heads to 3” from back of A-arms. If this is used to re-enforce frame, straps will be cut! If you have Dist Protector, you can’t have rear straps on engine to rails frame!
***21. You may have tranny braces along the side of the tranny & on top side. The braces must be attached to tail house and bell housing of tranny only. Can not be connected to tranny mount or cross member. Braces can ‘t be bigger then 2”X 2”
22. You may alter your steering column to prevent loss of steering. Steering knuckles, homemade steering shafts, etc.
***03 and Newer*** Homemade drag links are allowed. Gearboxes must be bolted to frame in stock fashion.
23. You may cut wheel wells for tire clearance & you may weld fender over tire back together. Fenders may also be bolted together with 12-3/8” bolts or less. The rear quarter panel is considered part of the rear fender.
24. You must have 1 bar(prefer 2) in windshield from roof to dash for safety reasons. The windshield bar can’t be any bigger then 3” wide- 5” on dash – 5” on roof only.
The windshield bars must be a minimum of 3” outside the DP!
25. You can run shifter through floor and you can have a switch panel. You may also have a hand throttle. If you are running an electric fuel pump – must be hooked up to your ignition switch – so when your car shuts off – it shuts off.
26. You are allowed 2 spots with 4 loops of #9 wire or 1 loop of 3/8 cable with 1 turn buckle in each window opening and may go to the frame. Turn Buckle must have 3 inches of clearance from body. You may weld washers around holes on car body. Wagons can have 2 allthread from roof to frame but must be threw body mounts. If you use althread, only 1 spot of wire/cable per back windows
26. You may run wire from frame rail to frame rail underneath back of car, behind rear-end with 4 loops of wire or 1 loop of 3/8 chain/cable in 1 spot only. This must go around the frame, it cannot be bolted to the frame.
27. Rear window bars will be allowed. Must be sheet metal to sheet metal. Must be no further than (8) eight inches from back window.
28.Dist. Cap protectors will be allowed on all cars. The protector can only be mounted to engine and or tranny bell housing. Dist. Cap protector can't be mounted to body, frame, cage. No rear engine straps can be connected to DP! DP can’t be bigger the 12”X12”
29. Hump Plates are allowed on all vehicles. This plate can only be 6 inches wide, 22 inches long and ¼” thick. You must drill a ½” hole in the plate so that we can see the thickness. You will not be allowed to patch over this plate if it bends! You must follow the frame rails with the plates.
30. A gas tank protector is allowed, no wider than 24 inches in center of car, must be at least 1” away from rear sheet metal. This may angle straight back from rear seat bar in center of car and must be 4” off the floor. Gas tank can’t be connected to protector unless gas tank is mounted to top of protector and not to floor. Protector must be free floating- not connected to anything but back bar!
31. Frame shaping or manipulating of frames will be allowed.
RUST REPAIR & FRAME REPAIR:
32. You may repair rusted out sheet metal with sheet metal only. Leave the rust in place and repair over it. Rusted out frames may be repaired with 3/16 inch or less. You are allowed to weld the patch 2 inches past the rusted out area, leave the rust in place.
33. Bent frames only may be repaired with a maximum 24 inches of plate, 1/4 in thick. What that means is you have 24 inches of plate to make all the necessary repairs. If you have questions please call!!!
34. No frame repairs at the events! You must repair after event and then run another event.